Timing & Tuition
he academic year 2017-2018 starts on September the 18th and finishes at the end of June. Please contact us for the application procedure and the tuition fee. Admission Procedures for Master and bridge programmes Orientation tests and selection procedures will be organized in Spring and in Summer (check our website www.pxl-mad.be for more details). Candidates are expected to present a portfolio of their work, together with a motivation letter and project proposal.
Personal advice for candidates seeking admission to the Master in Visual Arts is available. To apply for a session, please fill in the form on our website.
You can find the Master’s application form on:
Basic tuition fee is 890 € (full registration fee for 60 ECTS)
The tuition fee for 2016 is 890 € (full registration fee for 60 ECTS)
Diploma Requirements for the Master
1. Direct access to the initial master is granted for graduates of academic bachelor programs in the visual arts.
2. For graduates from other academic programs a preparatory program may be organized. The list of Bachelor's programs that allow access to a preparatory program will be published in the study guide annually.
3. If you possess a Bachelor but not an 'Academie Bachelor degree, other intake flows and/or bridging programs do exist, depending on your previous educational career (see different flows subsequently). In that case please send your educational CV and proof of it (official translated copies of the diploma's into English) to the Educational Board for further evaluation.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY FOR THE MASTER
• A legalised copy of your BACHELOR diploma, as well as a translation by a certified translator to Dutch, French, German or English.
• A certificate that you obtained the required level of English language (see English language requirements for the English master programme)
• A copy of your identity card, international passport or prove of registration in the register of foreigners.
• A valid residence certificate.
• For students coming from China : an APS certificate (Akademische Prüfstelle – Certificate valid for studies in Belgium (Flemish Community))
• For further information, please make an appointment with the ‘dienst studievoortgang’ at the following address http://afspraken.pxl.be (select “dienst studievoortgang”) or contact us by the contact us form on this website
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• You studied at least one year successfully at a secondary school in the English language, or
• You succeeded for at least 60 ECTS credits at a higher education institution in the English language, or
• You have a certificate proving your competence in the English language at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): TOEFL iBT (globale score minimum 57), IELTS (globale score minimum 4), certificate of a center for adult education (CVO) in Flanders (treshold B1) or other.